Yakima BackRoad 4 Bike Rack
Yakima BackRoad 4 Bike Rack, hitch mounted bike rack for 4 bikes. Whether you’re going on a cross country family road trip or heading out for a bike-friendly weekend the BackRoad is your take-it-easy answer. With increased bike spacing, the BackRoad makes it easy to pack more bikes with a lot less hassle. Cradles and pads provide a snug and protected fit, while fully removable ZipStrips™ make loading a breeze. An SKS bike locking system is included to give you some peace of mind on your travels. Yakima BackRoad 4 Bike Rack is a good choice of these hanging hitch bike racks.
Why you should choose a hitch bike rack? Hitch-mounted bike racks are the most common style of bike carriers and are a great option if you already have a Class 1-5 receiver hitch on your vehicle, or plan on installing one. They are designed to make loading and unloading of bikes quick and easy, they can also accommodate to fit a variety of frame styles. Hitch Bike racks come in some styles: Platform hitch bike racks, Hanging hitch bike racks and Tow ball mounted bike carriers.
Platform hitch bike racks:
These racks carry up to 4 bikes and have a platform to make loading and unloading your bikes quick and easy. They also fold up when not in use, and easily accommodate a variety of frame styles.
Hanging hitch bike racks:
These bike racks can carry up to 5 bikes which hang securely on the rack. They come in two variations, some that tilt down or swing away to allow for trunk access. Both styles come in models that accommodate 1 ¼” and 2” hitch receivers.
Tow ball mounted bike carriers:
Use your tow ball to carry up to four bikes on a tow ball carrier and go wherever you want. It’s super easy: just click and go.
- 7″ spacing between bikes for easier loading
- Soft cradle pads for added bike protection
- Side to side cradle rotation for a better bike fit
- Anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Mast tilts down for easy hatch access
- Integrated SKS locking cable locks bikes to rack
- ZipStrips™ secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Arms fold down when not in use
- 17kg weight maximum per bike
- Fits 1.25″ (32mm) and 2″ (50mm) hitch receiver
- Integrated Yakima bottle opener
- Carries up to 4 bikes.
- Available TubeTop™ (sold separately) is required for non-conventional, step-through, BMX, and kid’s bikes as well as some full suspension bikes.
- SKU: 8002702
- Dimensions: L 111.76 cm x W 30.48 cm x H 40.64 cm
- Weight: 16.3 kg
- Capacity: 4 bike capacity
- Max weight per bike 17 kg