Yakima ForkChop Bike Rack
Yakima ForkChop Bike Rack, the unique ForkChop is a highly versatile fork mount bike carrier. It transports virtually any bike, including both quick release and thru-axles, and does it all without touching the bike frame. The split design makes it ideal for use with a cargo basket or for a minimalist look on your vehicle’s roof rack. Yakima ForkChop Bike Rack, Interchangeable inserts work with most axle configurations including quick release (9 mm) and thru-axles (12 x 100 mm, 15 x 100 mm, 15 x 110 mm, 15 x 135/142/150mm).
If you want to be free, explore the unknown, and bike on distant roads, you need a bike rack to get you there. We know that everyone’s needs are unique, and that different bike styles and different car models require different bike rack solutions. To start, make sure your vehicle type and the number of bikes you plan on carrying are factored in when deciding what type of rack to use. You can choose to load your bikes on a roof rack or onto the rear of the vehicle on a trunk-mounted or towbar bike rack.
Rooftop bike racks have a stylish, sporty design and fit almost all bike dimensions. They can be fork-mounted, wheel-mounted and frame-mounted:
Fork-mounted roof bike racks:
An iconic, sporty bike rack solution that attaches to the dropout or thru-axle of your fork when you remove the front wheel. This attachment method ensures secure transport and zero frame contact for carbon fiber frames.
Frame-mounted roof bike racks:
These upright roof bike racks attach to the frame so that you don’t have to remove the front wheel.
Wheel-mounted roof bike racks:
These bike racks attach to the wheel of your bike which ensures zero-frame contact if you have a carbon fiber bike, for example.
- Securely carries a variety of bike styles with no frame contact
- Interchangeable inserts work with most axle configurations including quick release (9 mm) and thru-axles (12 x 100 mm, 15 x 100 mm, 15 x 110 mm, 15 x 135/142/150mm)
- Split design gives a minimalist appearance and creates increased functionality when used with cargo baskets
- Tool-free, universal mounting hardware fits most roof racks
- Fully assembled out-of-the box
- Secure your bike to the rack and the rack to the vehicle with the supplied QR locking skewer and SKS locks (2 Pack, sold separately)
- Crossbar spread must be ±25cm of your bike wheelbase for proper use
- SKU: 8002117
- Dimensions: L 17.8 cm x W 12.7 cm x H 8.9 cm
- Weight: 1.6 kg
- Capacity: 1 bike capacity
- Total MAX. bike weight 18 kg
Learn more about product features and installation:Download Instruction
You may also like…
YAKIMA Frontloader Bike Rack$279.00
Now with SKS locks included, this versatile, easy-to-load wheel-on bike mount works with mountain, road and hybrid bikes.
Yakima Test$232.00 Add to cart
YAKIMA Forklift Bike Rack$220.00
This fork-mount rack is compatible with most factory crossbars and disc brakes.