YAKIMA Frontloader Bike Rack
YAKIMA Frontloader Bike Rack, most versatile, aerodynamic, easy-to-load wheel-on bike mount works with mountain, road and hybrid bikes. It carries your complete bike — no wheel removal needed. The universal mounting system fits nearly any crossbars you can think of. Such as Atera, Rhino-Rack, Rola, Thule, Yakima and Prorack cross bars. Now the YAKIMA Frontloader Bike Rack comes with SKS locks.
When loading up your bikes, make sure you have the right bike rack for your needs – one that integrates with your vehicle is crucial! We know that everyone’s needs are unique, and that different bike styles and different car models require different bike rack solutions. To start, make sure your vehicle type and the number of bikes you plan on carrying are factored in when deciding what type of rack to use. You can choose to load your bikes on a roof rack or onto the rear of the vehicle on a trunk-mounted or towbar bike rack.
Rooftop bike racks have a stylish, sporty design and fit almost all bike dimensions. They can be wheel-mounted, fork-mounted and frame-mounted:
Frame-mounted roof bike racks:
These upright roof bike racks attach to the frame so that you don’t have to remove the front wheel.
Fork-mounted roof bike racks:
An iconic, sporty bike rack solution that attaches to the dropout or thru-axle of your fork when you remove the front wheel. This attachment method ensures secure transport and zero frame contact for carbon fiber frames.
Wheel-mounted roof bike racks:
These bike racks attach to the wheel of your bike which ensures zero-frame contact if you have a carbon fiber bike, for example.
- Fits round, square, factory or aerodynamic crossbars
- Not suitable for square bars with a depth exceeding 38mm
- Zero contact with frame; carbon fibre and custom paint jobs are protected
- Accommodates disc brakes, thru axles, and full suspension bikes
- Holds bike upright while you secure the bike to the mount
- Leave your front wheel on for easy loading
- No tools or assembly required
- Fits 20″ to 29″ wheels with tyre widths up to 3″
- SKS Locks included
- 1 bike, up to 18 kg at min of 46 cm crossbar spread; or up to 13.6 kg at min of 41 cm crossbar spread
- Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 41 cm – 122 cm
- SKU: 8002104
- Dimensions: L 142.2 cm x W 17.8 cm x H 19.1 cm
- Weight: 5.9 kg
- Capacity: 1 bike capacity
- MAX. weight 18 kg per bike
- City Crash Tested Yes
- Maximum Wheelbase Compatibility 1219 mm