Yakima HoldUp Plus 2
Yakima HoldUp Plus 2, this handy add-on doubles your HoldUp bike hitch carrier’s capacity from 2 to 4 bikes – perfect for quadruplets on a family outing. Load your bike in seconds whether it’s a 20″ wheel or a 29″ wheel. StrongArm design of the Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack secures bike at wheels, protecting paint and carbon frames. Note: This Yakima HoldUp Plus 2 is an extension rack of HoldUp Bike Rack, the HoldUp is sold separately.
When loading up your bikes, make sure you have the right bike rack for your needs – one that integrates with your vehicle is crucial! We know that everyone’s needs are unique, and that different bike styles and different car models require different bike rack solutions. To start, make sure your vehicle type and the number of bikes you plan on carrying are factored in when deciding what type of rack to use. You can choose to load your bikes on a roof rack or onto the rear of the vehicle on a trunk-mounted, towbar bike rack or tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Why you should choose a hitch bike rack? Hitch-mounted bike racks are the most common style of bike carriers and are a great option if you already have a Class 1-5 receiver hitch on your vehicle, or plan on installing one. They are designed to make loading and unloading of bikes quick and easy, they can also accommodate to fit a variety of frame styles.
Platform hitch racks:
These racks carry up to 4 bikes and have a platform to make loading and unloading your bikes quick and easy. They also fold up when not in use, and easily accommodate a variety of frame styles.
Hanging hitch racks:
These bike racks can carry up to 5 bikes which hang securely on the rack. They come in two variations, some that tilt down or swing away to allow for trunk access. Both styles come in models that accommodate 1 ¼” and 2” hitch receivers.
- Expands your bike-hauling capacity from 2 to 4 bikes
- StrongArm design secures bike at wheels, protecting paint and carbon frames
- Load your bike in seconds whether it’s a 20″ wheel or a 29er
- Max. tyre width for wheels less than 29″ diameter is 3″
- Max. tyre width for 29″ wheels is 2.4″, for larger 29” tyre width see HoldUp EVO +2
- Accommodates disc brakes, through axles, and full suspension bikes
- Tilts down with bikes loaded for rear-of-vehicle access
- Side-to-side adjustability to adjust space between bikes
- Carries 2 bikes
- 4 bikes, 91 kg total, with the HoldUp
- Secure the HoldUp+2 to the HoldUp with a HitchLock
Dimensions: L 143.5 cm x W 162.6 cm x H 30.5 cm
Weight: 22.2 kg
Capacity: 2 Bike Capacity
Max. weight 22.7 kg per bike (with 4 bikes)
Max. tire width 7.6 cm